Saturday, July 25, 2015

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette Review

I don't know about you, but doing my eyeshadow is my favorite part of putting on makeup. I love experimenting with all the different colors and color combos that are possible, which is why I love palettes. Palettes make is super easy and convenient to play around with different colors  My all time favorite palette is Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. I've had this one for about two years, and use it almost every day (as you can probably tell from the picture!). So I was really excited to find out that Maybelline has created a version that looks extremely similar to Urban Decay's, at a MUCH cheaper price. The Naked 3 palette sells for around $54, while The Blushed Nudes costs only $10! And if you buy it from Ulta, you can use their $3.50 off $10 coupon, which makes this palette a grand total of $6.50! It's too good of a deal to pass up. Here's what The Blushed Nudes palette looks like:


Look how pretty it is! The compact is almost the same shade as the Naked 3 palette. It even has the same amount of colors!


It also comes with two applicators, which is nice; however, I prefer to use an eyeshadow brush. 


Here are The Blushed Nudes and the Naked 3 palettes side by side. As you can tell, the shadows in both palettes are strikingly similar. You could recreate the same look by using either palette! I like that The Blushed Nudes has shadows that are both shimmery and matte. What I really love about The Blushed Nudes is that on the back of the palette, there is a diagram showing how to use all the different colors. It separates the palette into doubles, trios, and quads. This makes it really simple for people who don't want to come up with color combos on their own. You can still be creative and use whichever colors you choose, or you can use one of the suggested combos on the back. I love the versatility with this palette! I still love my Naked 3 palette, but The Blushed Nudes will definitely be my go-to for the next few days. If you have always coveted the Naked palettes but don't want to drop $50 on it, then The Blushed Nudes is the palette for you! Or, if you're like me and have both, you can use The Blushed Nudes on some days to make your Naked 3 palette last longer!

Let me know what your favorite eyeshadow palette is in the comments below!

-Mariana

No comments:

Post a Comment