Saturday, July 25, 2015

Maskcara IIID Foundation Review

Just to let you guys know, I've been looking forward to writing about Maskcara's (Cara Brook's) IID foundation makeup since I got it in the mail on Thursday night! If you haven't heard of Cara Brook before, you should definitely check out her blog here: http://www.maskcara.com. Her makeup tutorials are all over Pinterest, so you've more than likely seen her around before.

I've been following her blog for a couple of years, and have always been amazed at her tutorials. She always makes everyone look amazing- I would LOVE for her to do my makeup one day! In her tutorials, she uses the technique called HAC-ing, which stands for highlighting and contouring. I'm not sure if she's the one who originated the idea, but it's become a popular makeup technique. To sum it up, HAC-ing is playing around with shadows and light when putting on makeup that really complements your features. Before she came up with her own line, she used products she already owned, but never got them to do what she envisioned. To fix this problem, she finally ended up releasing her own line of makeup called IIID foundation (pronounced 3d- it took me forever to realize that!). I had always wanted to try it, and last week I finally decided to buy it on a whim. Here's what the compact looks like:


 I love the look of this compact!


The colors I got were: Dahlia blush, Pearl illuminator, Sunlit highlight, and Walnut contour

I'll be honest, I've never used a creme foundation before, so it was a little intimidating at first! However, Cara makes it so simple to figure out how to HAC using her makeup because she includes a diagram with every compact. She's also created a helpful video tutorial with step by step instructions. After one application, I already felt more at ease. 

Of course, a makeup review isn't complete without a before and after!

Before

I took this right after I got back from being at the pool for a few hours... so yeah, I'm a little burnt!

After

All the redness is gone! I like that you can put this makeup on light or heavy, depending on the occasion. I also like how my skin still looks like skin! I hate how some makeup completely covers skin and makes you look fake. You definitely won't have that problem with this foundation! This foundation truly makes sure that there's perfect lighting on your face at all times. So far I've used this twice, but it's going to be the ONLY foundation I use from now on. As soon as I showed my mom how it looked, she ended up immediately ordering her own compact! 

Have you ever tried the IIID foundation, and if you have, do you love it just as much as I do?

-Mariana


No comments:

Post a Comment