Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Changing it up a Bit!

When I started this blog four years ago, it was meant as a way to chronicle my time at Campbellsville University (hence the name, "Life in Campbellsville"). But now, that title is no longer fitting since I graduated from Campbellsville in May, then immediately moved back home to Louisville, Kentucky. However, I still wanted to keep blogging, but I didn't know what I would write about.

Since then, I decided that I actually have a lot I could write about. My college student phase is over, but I've recently started a new phase of life: adulthood. While I've technically been an adult for a few years, I never really felt like one until now. Now, I've traded sleeping in for waking up before 7 every morning. I've traded wearing yoga pants to class to wearing professional clothing to work. I've traded endless amounts of free time for 40 hours spent in an office every week. And, I've traded a life of no expenses to a life of having student loan payments. My life has changed a bit in the past few months, but I'm excited that I get to share what I've been learning with you all.

I decided to name this blog "Making it as a Millennial" because it perfectly describes what this blog will be about. A large part of my generation, the millennials, has recently graduated college and are just now entering the "real world". I know I'm learning a lot about becoming a real adult with a real job, and can't wait to share everything. Expect to see a lot of posts about money and budgets, Pinterest recipes I've tried (including the failed ones!), DIY projects, reviews on products I love, and more. Feel free to leave a comment on topics you'd like me to write about!



-Mariana


No comments:

Post a Comment