Friday, May 2, 2014

I'm a Senior Already?!

It feels so surreal. When I started my freshman year in the fall of 2011, the thought of being a senior felt so far away. I didn't even think about it. Now, my junior year is over, and senior year starts in August. My final year of college. It still hasn't hit me yet. And it probably won't even hit me until I walk across the stage at graduation.

As a freshman, I remember being told to cherish every moment of college, because it all goes by so fast. I am just now realizing how true that is. In one short year, my college career will be behind me, and I will join the "real world". While I am excited for that chapter of my life to begin, I also want to stay focused on the present, and to truly cherish every single moment of my senior year of college.

It's also hard to believe that a little more than four years ago, I was touring Campbellsville University for the first time. I will never forget my first time on this campus. Before Campbellsville, I had toured several other colleges. I liked some of them alright, but I hadn't fallen in love with just one college yet. One was too far away, and the others just didn't feel like home to me. However, this wasn't the case at all with Campbellsville University. The moment I began my tour, I realized that I felt comfortable here. This was somewhere that I could definitely see myself staying for four years. I felt at peace whenever I thought about being a student here, and that's when I knew that this is where God wanted me to be. Looking back at these past three years of college, I have never been more sure of this.

Because of Campbellsville University, I have received a great education, and am quickly on my way to receiving a degree in marketing. I have made the most amazing friendships that I know will last for the rest of my life. I have made countless memories and have so many funny stories that I will always cherish. I have been given some awesome opportunities, such as being a resident assistant, serving on the women's ministry lead team, and joining the honor society Omicron Delta Kappa. Most importantly, because of Campbellsville University, I put myself in an environment in which I could grow closer to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And because of all of this, I wouldn't change a thing.

I am so thankful that God allowed me to come to Campbellsville University, and for all the memories I have made so far. I am also thankful that I have one more year left, so I don't have to say goodbye just yet! Here's to my senior year at Campbellsville!

-Mariana

No comments:

Post a Comment